Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Vulture Made Rules For What A BMW Sequel Should Be

An expression of my frustration.

This article is like a year old, but Vulture made rules that Girl Meets World was to abide to to do justice to Boy Meets World. It's an obvious case of fanboi talking, even for a year ago, when we literally knew nothing.

The rules clearly wanted GMW to be Boy Meets World 2.0. We already knew it was called Girl Meets World, and the title made it very clear the world no longer revolved around Cory. It now heavily favors his daughter. That's the one detail that seems hardest for my generation to accept - but we are the "me" generations oldest members. It's not about us anymore! We grew up! It's been nearly 14 years! Some of you were younger than that when the show was canceled. Literally been a lifetime. Just... stop. Some of you are in your 30s.

Another rule that seemed odd was that the show had to be set in Philly? Why? It's egregious on many levels, starting with the article acknowledging they moved to New York, and including the fact it called for Weird Topanga's return. I think New York is where Weird Topanga could thrive. Plus, if they really liked it there, the alleged greatest city in the world (I've never been and I'm Californian so I can't confirm), why would they go back to Philadelphia? For the cheesesteaks?

The last rule I will comment on is the whole "air it on a Friday" thing. I mean, there's a good chance for it - Disney tends to premiere things on weekends. But that just screams of "I want to be 12 again."

0 comments:

Post a Comment