Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Girl Meets World renewed for Season 2!



"Friendly neighborhood Amanda, where the Hell have you been?"

I don't know if you guys know this, but shortly before I disappeared, my laptop broke.  And then, my tablet got stolen.  Friendly neighborhood Amanda just can't catch a break.  But I am breaking my radio silence because (1) I know you're here and it's mean for me to leave you hanging and (2) because there is awesome news and I knew you guys were just the ones I had to be excited with.

Girl Meets World has been renewed for a second season.

So I may be lacking in the reviews, but I have seen every episode so far this season, and I absolutely adore the series.  You will find no dissatisfaction here.  I especially love Riley, who, I don't know if you guys have noticed, is a Matthews through and through.  She doesn't just take after Cory - she takes after Eric.  If you hadn't caught that, I suspect a rewatch - especially the cold open to "Girl Meets Father."  I know there are those out there that don't think the show quite measures up to Boy Meets World, but if I've said it once, I've said it a million times - Boy Meets World wasn't Boy Meets World until Shawn blew up the mailbox with the cherry bomb.  By the end of the season, I'm sure Girl Meets World will be exactly where it's supposed to be, and season 2 can only bring us more adventure.

Meanwhile, I still see things through Cory's eyes.  I, too, met the world in the 90s.  I'm not in a position to want a mentor like Cory, in the way I wanted Feeny to mentor me - I want Cory to be a good father and mentor to Riley, Maya, Farkle, and Lucas.  It's a surreal experience.

Don't forget, there's still plenty of excitement to be had in season 1, in the form of guest stars - and the first one (not counting Feeny) is coming up on August 15th, in the form of Farkle's father, Stuart Minkus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment