Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Girl Meets Popular Episode Clip (and making up for lost time)


My glorious readers, I have been gone for a very long time.  I don't suspect I will update as regularly as I once did either, as my online experience is limited to library visits, and this place is... I like checking out books and getting the Hell out of here.  Also, I'm going through an "I'm totally over Twitter" period, which makes it hard to read what the cast and crew is reading.  But I'm trying darn it!

So, what we have here is a clip from tomorrow's all new Girl Meets World, "Girl Meets Popular."  I'm more excited for "Girl Meets Maya's Mother" for the very special guest star Lee Norris as Stuart Minkus, but I'm sure every episode will have its charm.  I will say, I'm not a fan of the episode title theme naming.  Not every episode of Boy Meets World was "Boy Meets" something.  In fact, I don't remember what the Kid Gets Acquainted With the Universe episode was called, except that it wasn't that obvious choice.  But episode names do not quality television make.  I hope there's an in-universe sequel series to KGAWtU, but I'm digressing.  A lot.  I really do want to discuss this GMW clip.

So, Riley gets invited to a popular kids party and Maya doesn't.  Why does this plot sound so familiar?  Oh, yeah, it was totally the plot device of "The Uninvited", a second season BMW episode.  I think it's really funny that the similarities between this series and its predecessor are from the year Cory was in 7th grade.  What are they going to do when the girls are in eighth grade?  If memory serves, 8th and 10th grade are the years they skipped to make the former class of 2000 the class of 1998.  But I do appreciate the very direct "when I was your age" comparisons with nobody having to actually use the offending phrase.

Super sidebar: how exciting is it that, though it's a different channel, Girl Meets World has Boy Meets World's old time slot?  Except for that brief period where ABC tried to kill it by having it come on later, but those were dark times we will not reference again.  I hope Disney doesn't make the same mistake.

Also, season 2 - is Farkle going to make the cut?  Or is he going to go the same way as his father before him?  Only time will tell, but since I'm kinda shipping him and Riley, I want him to stay.  I wanted Minkus to stay, too, though, and that didn't work out so well for me.  At least we know he can come back to visit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment