Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Girl Meets World: I Will Love This Cast?

Exciting! And I will love this cast? It's time for a breakdown of awesome.


Ben Savage as Cory Matthews

I do believe I was introduced to Cory when I was 9 years old. I'm 30 now. I wouldn't exactly be excited for Girl Meets World if I hated his cootie carrying behind. Love status: love


Danielle Fishel as Topanga Matthews

I wanted to be Topanga Lawrence as a kid. No, I don't mean 16 year old me wanted to be an overachiever and a lawyer.  I mean 10 year old me learned to love my fro-y hair and started meditating to see if I could achieve nirvana and float. I'm a much more vapid and shallow shadow of that pre-teen, but Topanga taught me to always follow the beat of my own drum. Love status: tried to be her


Rowan Blanchard as Riley Matthews

I have a sickness. That sickness is I will watch anything Joel McHale is in because he's wildly talented and what if he takes his shirt off? So I may have seen Spy Kids 4. It doesn't matter how many times. I came for the McHale and stayed because of how amazing Rowan and Mason Cook were. I was also very supportive of Mockingbird Lane and NBC are fools for letting that slip out of their grasp. Disney has some intelligence. Love status: how can anyone born while I was in college be so talented?


Sabrina Carpenter as Maya Hart

Sabrina impressed me greatly this past summer. Like everyone else who has Netflix, I super got into Orange Is The New Black. Amazing show, I saw it three times in two months. One episode features the background of a character named Alex, and she had a very prominent tormentor in her childhood - Sabrina Carpenter. She played a pint-sized rich witch (blogs based on family shows should have family friendly language) so well, I'm really excited to see her play the opposite. Love status: amazing


August Maturo as Louis Matthews

I know August from Weeds. I didn't know I did until it was mentioned he was on Weeds, but then I remembered the character instantly. He is super adorable, which is a selling point for me because I rarely like little brother characters (Cory was simultaneously a big brother). It could be because I have two real life ones and TV really downplays how awful they are, but I digress. August is so sweet on Twitter that  despite loving my jerk brothers more than anything, if there was a brothers draft, I would have delayed my picks about 21 years to recruit August. Sorry Rich and Rob - I just can't imagine August making up stories just to see how much trouble I'd get in for the giggles. Love status: want him to give my brothers good brother lessons

Corey Fogelmanis as Shamus Farkel and Peyton Meyer as Tristan Friar

I don't know these boys that well. That's okay. I know they already have amazing chemistry with everyone else, and that's good enough for me. Love status: free pass

So I'm not going to love this cast because I already do. Girl Meets World is going to be amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment